New year, better me. My 2022 New Year's Resolution
Hi friend! Thank you for spending some time with me today. Let's talk about the New Year. We all look forward to it someway or another, we all have some type of goal, and we all will probably here (or say) "New year, new me."
Can I present to you a different perspective? How about New year, better me?
I'm not trying to erase what I did before instead I'm trying to learn from them and grow not only in my everyday life but in my faith as well. I'm taking everything that Ruth did last year (2021) and I'm seeing where I can improve in the year to come (this year, 2022). I invite you guys to do the same.
Okay so you're here for a reason let's talk about what you came here for.
My New Year's Resolution are...
- Read the Bible in a year, actually pay attention to what the scriptures say AND apply them to my life.
- Eliminate idols from my life
- Less of watching the time when doing devotionals and more of being intentional.
- Serve others with a joyful heart
- Talk to God on a daily basis and throughout the day
- Plan my day around God and not God around my day
- Spread the gospel
- Live in obedience to Christ
Everyday Life/ Health:
- Workout 3x a week
- Drink more water
- Spend more time with my family
- Be more intentional with how I spend my money
- More productivity
- More sleep
- Less screen time
- Get a stable job
- Grow/boost my social media accounts
- Be more consistent with posting and targeting people like minded to my audience ( that plays a huge part in helping you grow)
- Write, edit, and publish my third book
- Go back and edit by first and second books
- Work on a few projects
If you payed attention, I listed my goals from most to least important. I encourage you to look at your list and see what's most important. Do you like what you see? If not, create another list
One last thing!
This year we're (yes we) trying to accomplish at least most of the goals. By the end of the year I want everyone of us to say "I'm proud of myself" and more importantly I want you to see how much growth you've made. With that being said, we're not trying to be like a young horse that starts the race out strong and then gets tired and slows down and/or stop before finishing the race. We're trying to be more like an old horse. We're trying to start out at a steady pace with the goal of finishing the race in mind.
Create a list that works for you! Create a list that you can work with. If you know you're not going to have time to workout 5x a week then don't try to do that, do what you can work with. Remember, we're not trying to burn ourselves out, we're trying to improve.
That's it, that's today's post. Happy New Year everyone! If you've made it this far and you like what you see please consider subscribing. Until next time, I love you guys but most importantly, Jesus loves you.
Mark 12:30 - And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength. This is the first commandment.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Instagram - @livelifewithruth
Pinterest - https://pin.it/5tMXpZs